NASM Live Workshop
I’m very excited about today because I’m going to my first personal trainers live workshop. There are several conferences and workshops put on throughout the year and this one is put on by my certifying agency: the National Academy of Sports Medicine. I learn by doing so this will be a great refresher for me and I’m hoping to not only pick up some new ideas but meet some new people!
Eventually I would REALLY love to go out to one of the Perform Better Summits or their Learn-By-Doing Seminars, but I just haven’t gotten the funding to go yet. I live down at the bottom of the country by the ocean which, while it has its perks, also means there isn’t a large metropolitan area or airport nearby and everything is far away.
If you haven’t heard of the Perform Better Summits before, you should really check them out. Here are a breakdown of a few of them:
Three Day Functional Training Summits
Providence, RI- June 1-3, 2012
Chicago, IL- June 29-July 1, 2012
Long Beach, CA- August 10-12, 2012
With Results Fitness Business
Early Bird Registration- $329.00
(sign up 8 weeks prior to event)
Only $399 Pre Register
($450 at the door)
- Achieve success in the fitness industry by creating the business you want, the life you want and the freedom you want.
- Learn how you can make 6 figures and work less.
- Find out the exact recipe to transition from being a passionate fitness trainer to being a successful fitness business owner.
- Walk away with steps to change your life, your career and your business.
Perform Better’s Learn-by-Doing Seminars are designed to provide trainers, coaches and therapists with a hands-on learning experience with some of the top professionals in the industry – at a price that is very affordable.
The top notch presenters at the Perform Better Seminars include many of the most respected names in the field.
There will be four/five presenters at each location. In the morning session each presenter will give a 60 minute lecture on their topic. In the afternoon each will direct a corresponding Learn-By-Doing station. Attendees will be divided into smaller groups and rotate to each station.
with Gray Cook & Lee Burton
$399 Pre Registration
($450 at the door)
Benefits of Attending the Functional Movement Screen Seminar
- Improves functional and athletic performance
- Helps to reduce the potential for training and sports injuries
- Provides a simple grading system to assess athlete/client movement
- Can be easily utilized in both the athletic/sports medicine and general fitness professionals
- Identifies physical imbalances or weaknesses
- Rehabilitates imbalances and strengthens weaknesses with simple corrective exercises
- Allow trainers to better individualize training programs for greater athlete/client results
- Teaches the trainer and athlete/client to Identify the difference between movement quality and movement quantity.
- Allows athletic trainers, strength and conditioning specialist , personal trainers and physical therapists to identify current injury trends and stats as they relate to the prevention of non-contact injuries.
- Allows trainers to Identify potential cause and effect relationships of mirco-trauma as well chronic injuries in relation to movement asymmetries.
2012 Dates Coming Soon!